About this course
This half-day classroom-based course offers basic induction training in safety procedures and accident prevention to protect and maintain your own and others’ safety at sea. It also familiarises novices with the employment conditions and working environment on board.
What you'll learn
Upon completion of the course, you should have gained knowledge to be able to:
- comply with emergency procedures,
- take precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment,
- observe safe working practices,
- contribute to effective communications on board ship,
- contribute to effective human relationships on board ship, and
- understand and take necessary actions to control fatigue.
The course is also included in our STCW Basic Safety Training Week.
Next available date
Please contact the admissions team if you require more information about this course.
Online bookings will be confirmed with joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment should be received in the normal way.
Please ensure that you follow the booking process and do not enter payment details more than once, unless you are booking more than one course. If you experience any issues, please email email@example.com.
- 023 8201 5004
Normal office hours are (UK time):08.30 - 17.00 Monday to Thursday
08.30 - 16.30 Friday