About this course
This course forms part of the mandatory basic safety training for crew. It deals with the actions to be taken by individuals to protect themselves in emergency situations and includes practical training in the use of life jackets and inflatable life rafts.
Exercises are carefully supervised by qualified staff and can be undertaken by non-swimmers.
The training pool has been specially equipped with a jumping platform, emergency alarms and water spray to enhance the realism of the procedures undertaken.
What you'll learn
On completion of training, you should be able to demonstrate competence to survive at sea in the event of ship abandonment. This include:
- understanding the main types of maritime emergencies,
- recognising the survival equipment used during a maritime emergency,
- understanding the principles of survival during a maritime emergency,
- knowing how to abandon ship during a maritime emergency,
- being able to survive in the water during a maritime emergency, and
- knowing how to use a survival craft during a maritime emergency.
The course is also included in our STCW Basic Safety Training Week.
Next available date
Please contact the admissions team if you require more information about this course.
Online bookings will be confirmed with joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment should be received in the normal way.
Please ensure that you follow the booking process and do not enter payment details more than once, unless you are booking more than one course. If you experience any issues, please email email@example.com.
- 023 8201 5004
Normal office hours are (UK time):08.30 - 17.00 Monday to Thursday
08.30 - 16.30 Friday