About this course
This one-day course is designed to provide the essential knowledge for those undertaking designated security duties on board ship.
The programme meets the knowledge, understanding and proficiency requirements set out in the STCW table A-VI/6-2, which supports Chapter XI-2 of the annex to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) 1974, as amended and the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
What you'll learn
On completion of the course you should:
- know why ship security is important and know the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved,
- understand what constitutes security risk, threat and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations,
- know the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems,
- know how to maintain the measures in a ship security plan and related requirements, and
- be able to maintain the effectiveness of security arrangements, procedures and equipment at the three security levels, considering their limitations.
Next available date
Please contact the admissions team if you require more information about this course.
Online bookings will be confirmed with joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment should be received in the normal way.
Please ensure that you follow the booking process and do not enter payment details more than once, unless you are booking more than one course. If you experience any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 023 8201 5004
Normal office hours are (UK time):08.30 - 17.00 Monday to Thursday
08.30 - 16.30 Friday