About this course
The highly practical and hands-on course - delivered from the LH Academy training centre new Amsterdam - aims to develop students' service mindset and increase confidence and expertise in the different styles and techniques of producing the perfect drink for guests.
You will spend six days immersed in the world of cocktail training, sommelier skills and wine knowledge, and the art of making the ultimate cup of tea or coffee.
Training takes place at locations designed to inspire learning for each module, for example, a winery for wine appreciation modules, and a stately home for tea and coffee skills.
The course is run by our training partner, LH Academy.
What you'll learn
- Bartending and mixology
- Role of the Beverage Specialist
- Bar Tools and Equipment
- Use of Cocktail Equipment
- History of the Cocktail and the Classics
- Read and Understand Recipes
- Pouring and Shaking Techniques
- Spirit Knowledge
- A Balanced Drink
- Creativity with Ingredients
- Create a Menu
- Speed Training
- Wine appreciation
- Service and Wine Tasting
- Viniculture, Vinification and Climate
- Wines of France
- Wines of the World
- Food and Wine Pairing
- Labelling and Pronunciation
- Wine List Maintenance
- Wine Storage
- Specific Yacht Service
Upon successful completion of the training, you'll receive:
- Luxury Hospitality Group certificate - Luxury Hospitality Beverage Specialist
- PYA GUEST certificate - Advanced Wine Appreciation, Module 2
- PYA GUEST certificate - Advanced Bartending and Mixology - Module 2
- WSET certificate - Level 2 Award in Wine and Spirits
- Luxury Hospitality Group certificate - Latte Art and Specialist Teas
Next available date
Please contact the admissions team if you require more information about this course.
Online bookings will be confirmed with joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment should be received in the normal way.
Please ensure that you follow the booking process and do not enter payment details more than once, unless you are booking more than one course. If you experience any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- +33 (0)646 081 660
Normal office hours are (UK time):9am-5pm Monday to Friday