About this course
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All students attending on-campus courses at Warsash Maritime School must take a Covid-19 test before starting their training. For more information about Covid-19 testing, please read our guidance document.
You must be able to carry out the following tasks to the required standard - no instruction will be given:
- Safe and efficient use of equipment (including Code of Safe Working Practice, permit to work).
- Inspection and care of equipment; selection and suitability of equipment.
- Use and care of hand tools; safe use of portable power tools.
- Safe use of drilling machines and bench mounted grinders.
- Maintenance and assembly skills - screw down non-return valve overhaul; centrifugal pump overhaul; electric motor overhaul.
- Electrical testing and wiring; recognition of common components, symbols and configuration.
Next available date
Please contact the admissions team if you require more information about this course.
Online bookings will be confirmed with joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment should be received in the normal way.
Please ensure that you follow the booking process and do not enter payment details more than once, unless you are booking more than one course. If you experience any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.