About this course
This course will equip students with improved knowledge and self-awareness of the appropriate leadership and management skills applicable to senior officers at the executive level, for both sea and shore roles within a large maritime company or organisation.
The course uses role-play, individual coaching sessions and reflective periods, as well as classroom teaching on theories and practical case studies. You are encouraged to discuss your ideas based on your own experience and knowledge.
What you'll learn
Upon completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Critically assess your leadership style and management skills, and through personal development, apply the appropriate style and skills to differing situations.
- Compare and contrast direct and indirect methods of communication and be able to tactfully deliver the right messages to various recipients.
- Confidently brief, present or discuss information to/with recipients (team members, senior officials and media organisations) for routine and extraordinary events and incidents.
- Be sensitised to the key challenges associated with human resource management of employees.
- Identify the impact of change on employees and develop team and leadership resilience to effectively achieve the change outcomes.
- Evaluate the increasing automation and information technology and thereby determine appropriate measures to achieve operational effectiveness.
Next available date
Please contact the admissions team if you require more information about this course.
Online bookings will be confirmed with joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment should be received in the normal way.
Please ensure that you follow the booking process and do not enter payment details more than once, unless you are booking more than one course. If you experience any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 023 8201 5004
Normal office hours are (UK time):08.30 - 17.00 Monday to Thursday
08.30 - 16.30 Friday