About this course
This course is fully taught online through live lectures and is taught within UK time zones. Delegates will need a good internet connection and access to Microsoft Teams. If you wish to attend this course on campus, please see the campus delivery course page for booking information.
This online course is aimed at practising and potential auditors of maritime management systems who address safety, pollution prevention and, where appropriate, service quality. The course is of practical benefit to safety professionals, ship owners and ship management professionals amongst others.
Before starting the course, you should ensure you have a basic understanding of the ISM Code and its application on board and ashore.
What you'll learn
The syllabus includes the following topics: evolution of the ISM Code, safety management principles and how they apply to safe ship operation, types and methods of audits and planning and preparing for audits.
On completion of training you should have the knowledge to:
- understand the origins, intent, legal framework and implications of the ISM Code,
- identify effective safety management systems,
- interpret and apply ISO 9000 series requirements to maritime safety and quality management systems,
- plan, perform and report audits of maritime safety and quality management systems effectively to lead auditor level,
- assess your own management systems against the requirements of the ISM code and the ISM 9000 series, and
- enable senior management to use audit findings to improve existing management systems.
Next available date
Basic understanding of the ISM Code
Please contact the admissions team if you require more information about this course.
Online bookings will be confirmed with joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment should be received in the normal way.
Please ensure that you follow the booking process and do not enter payment details more than once, unless you are booking more than one course. If you experience any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.