About this course
This course is designed for crew who have a Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats (STCW) certificate and some experience of using fast rescue boats.
The course combines classroom theory sessions and practical boat operations on the River Hamble and the Solent.
What you'll learn
Upon completion of the course, you should be able to demonstrate competence to:
- take charge of a fast rescue boat during and after launch,
- right a capsized fast rescue boat,
- handle a fast rescue boat in prevailing weather and sea conditions,
- use communication and signalling equipment between the fast rescue boat, a helicopter and a ship,
- carry out search patterns,
- use the emergency equipment carried, and
- recover a casualty from the water and transfer to a rescue helicopter, or to a ship or place of safety.
Next available date
You must have a PSCRB certificate.
Please contact the admissions team if you require more information about this course.
Online bookings will be confirmed with joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment should be received in the normal way.
Please ensure that you follow the booking process and do not enter payment details more than once, unless you are booking more than one course. If you experience any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 023 8201 5004
Normal office hours are (UK time):08.30 - 17.00 Monday to Thursday
08.30 - 16.30 Friday