About this course
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All students attending our courses must take a Covid-19 test before starting their training. We have set up our own testing centre to facilitate this – further details will be provided before the start of the course.
This training is a prerequisite for a management level certificate of competency (CoC) issued by the MCA upon meeting the requirements of Regulation II/2 and III/2. It is normally for ship’s officers who have achieved chief mate or master on ships of 500GT or more and second engineer officer or chief engineer officer on ships powered by main propulsion machinery of 750 kW propulsion power or more.
What you'll learn
The course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to be able to control the operation of the ship and care for persons on board at the management level through the use leadership and managerial skills to ensure that:
- The crew are allocated duties and informed of expected standards of work and behaviour in a manner appropriate to the individuals concerned;
- Training objectives and activities are based on assessment of current competence and capabilities and operational requirements;
- Operations are planned and resources are allocated as needed in correct priority to perform the necessary tasks;
- Communication is clearly and unambiguously given and received;
- Effective leadership behaviours are demonstrated;
- Necessary team member(s) share an accurate understanding of current and predicted vessel state and operational status and external environment;
- Decisions are most effective for the situation;
- Operations are demonstrated to be effective and in accordance with applicable rules.
Next available date
You should hold a deck or engineering CoC at the operational level and meet the minimum seagoing service requirements for the issue of a management level CoC.
Please contact the admissions team if you require more information about this course.
Online bookings will be confirmed with joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment should be received in the normal way.
Please ensure that you follow the booking process and do not enter payment details more than once, unless you are booking more than one course. If you experience any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.