About this course
Following the government’s guidance, from 4 April we will not be requiring delegates to undertake any testing before attending their course. However, it is strongly recommended that face coverings are worn when in enclosed spaces and where social distancing is not possible. There may also be some courses which still require additional PPE - this will be provided as appropriate.
While the requirement for testing has been relaxed, we ask that students/delegates only attend their course if they are fully well to do so - this is to ensure that fellow students/delegates and staff are protected and courses can continue to run.
If you have any issues or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course prepares crew for the launching and handling of survival craft through a series of practical exercises using a range of open and enclosed lifeboats and inflatable rescue boats to build confidence, competence and knowledge of safety procedures.
What you'll learn
Upon completion of the course, you should be able to demonstrate the capability to:
- take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch,
- operate a survival craft engine,
- manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship,
- use locating devices including communications, signalling apparatus and pyrotechnics, and
- apply first aid to survivors.
- You must have proof of at least six months' sea-going service.
- You must hold one of the following certificates:
- Approved Personal Survival Techniques
- Basic Sea Survival
- Royal Navy Sea Survival course
- Fisherman’s Safety Training course
Please note: OPITO/BOSIET/FOET is not an acceptable equivalent.
Next available date
See main course description.
Please contact the admissions team if you require more information about this course.
Online bookings will be confirmed with joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment should be received in the normal way.
Please ensure that you follow the booking process and do not enter payment details more than once, unless you are booking more than one course. If you experience any issues, please email email@example.com.