About this course
This course is for newly promoted deputy and current DPAs to meet requirements for continued professional development (CPD).
Other shore and sea staff requiring knowledge of the responsibilities, problems and potential liabilities involved with the DPA role will also benefit from this course. The course concludes with a management review exercise.
What you'll learn
Subject areas covered include:
- ISM introduction
- The external view of the status of the ISM code
- Audit requirements and techniques
- DPA - requirements and responsibilities
- Human factors and ISM
- Issues for the DPA role holder
- Performance management and KPIs
- Reporting, analysis and actions
- Legal issues
- Risk assessment
- Management of change
- A qualification from a tertiary institution within a relevant field of management, engineering or physical science, or
- An STCW management-level qualification and seagoing experience as a ship's officer, or
- Other formal education combined with not less than three years' practical senior level experience in ship management operation.
Please note: lunch and refreshments are included in the course fee.
Next available date
See main course description.
Please contact the admissions team if you require more information about this course.
Online bookings will be confirmed with joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment should be received in the normal way.
Please ensure that you follow the booking process and do not enter payment details more than once, unless you are booking more than one course. If you experience any issues, please email email@example.com.