About this course
This course takes place over one day – you will spend the morning in the classroom and the afternoon undertaking practical training at the fire ground.
NOTE: Those undergoing fire fighting training are required to complete and sign a confidential medical declaration to make us aware of any health problems, disabilities or injuries that we may need to consider while they’re attending this physically demanding course. It is therefore essential you feel healthy and are physically fit to undertake such training.
What you'll learn
On completion of the training, you should have the knowledge and understanding to be able to:
- recognise potential dangerous enclosed spaces on board a vessel
- complete a typical enclosed space entry permit to work
- carry out the safe testing of an atmosphere prior to enclosed space entry using typical industry test equipment including knowledge of the maintenance and testing/calibration requirements of said equipment
- carry out a safe enclosed space entry
- carry out self-rescue from an enclosed space
- carry out safety attendant role.
Next available date
Please contact the admissions team if you require more information about this course.
Online bookings will be confirmed with joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment should be received in the normal way.
Please ensure that you follow the booking process and do not enter payment details more than once, unless you are booking more than one course. If you experience any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.