About this course
The ISM courses have been modularised so you can now complete the two-day internal auditor course and then return to 'top-up' to achieve MCA approved ISM lead auditor certification following ISO9000 methodology.
The course addresses the requirements of the ISM Code and enables students to carry out safety and quality audits to both ISO and ISM requirements in a maritime environment.
This three-day top-up course (which normally runs Wednesday to Friday) is very practical and workshop-based. The course is structured to encourage student participation for an enjoyable learning experience.
What you'll learn
On completion of your training, you should have the knowledge to:
- understand the origins, intent, legal framework and implications of the ISM Code,
- identify effective safety management systems
- interpret and apply ISO 9000 series requirements to maritime safety and quality management systems,
- plan, perform and report audits of maritime safety and quality management systems effectively to lead auditor level,
- assess your own management systems against the requirements of the ISM Code and the ISM 9000 Series, and
- enable senior management to use audit findings to improve existing management systems.
To be eligible to attend this course you must be able to demonstrate you have attended and successfully completed the ISM Internal Auditor course with us after September 2006. Please bring your valid certificate for verification by the lecturer at enrolment.
Please note: lunch and refreshments are included in the course fee.
Next available date
See main course description.
Please contact the admissions team if you require more information about this course.
Online bookings will be confirmed with joining information within one working day of the booking being made. Confirmation of payment should be received in the normal way.
Please ensure that you follow the booking process and do not enter payment details more than once, unless you are booking more than one course. If you experience any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.